Monday, April 28, 2008

WAhhhhhhH!


The photo today is frozen homemade toll house cookies. Today is Monday, an N day and they are in the freezer where the belong, TODAY.

This morning I was running errands and I drove by Starbucks. My inner toddler through an inner hissy fit as we drove by.
HOW could a chai tea latte POSSIBLY hurt me this morning?

It was so good yesterday!

SHE hasn't quite gotten yet that it was so good YESTERDAY, precisely BECAUSE we do not drink them EVERY SINGLE DAY only on S days.

WAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhH!

was about all she had to say to that. My inner toddler, this tiny chick with a humoungous appetite is not one for logic, common sense or anything even closely approximating reason.

It makes me wonder, you know when I was a REAL KID did they really just stuff a cookie in my mouth to shut me up? Get me off their back? Too much trouble, effort, energy to redirect my energies to something more ... productive?

I don't know how this AWFUL HABIT of mine developed. All I know is that it is possible that playing sensible mommy to an inner two year old might be just as difficult as being a real mommy to a living breathing one.

I'll never know for sure. I can only be certain that she is VERY STRONG WILLED.
Thank goodness I have NO S to help optimize my OWN will power in dealing with her.

Needless to say, mommy won today and she is SULKING but looking forward to the chai tea latte and chocolate chip cookies we will have NEXT SATURDAY!

photo: homemade chocolate chip cookies in the freezer, where they belong, TODAY

No comments: