Friday, April 18, 2008

The End of the Binge Eating Disorder and the Cutesy Jingle


"... you don't really believe that a huge, potentially crippling problem like being overweight or obese could be solved by a cutesy jingle. It can - ..."
Reinhard Engels, The No S Diet
When I read the No S diet book, there were so many things within it with which I could easily and absolutely agree with.
But not everything.
And those last two words of that quote "it can",
was a line in the sand,
a point of deep and utter skepticism born out of
a myriad and abundant other approaches in the past that for me had ...
not only held out false hope,
but also required huge skads of my time, energy,
self-esteem, money ... and/or pleasure
and let's face it ...
DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
to end my rough relationship with food, eating and the physical sustenance that they are supposed to provide.
It is almost amazing that I dared hope ... AGAIN...
One More Time....
Of course, I am eternally grateful that I did... and I am coming up on the end of my
fourth week of Nosing and ...
well EVERYTHING about me and my relationship with food has been transformed ...
so now I can agree ...
with those two little words ...
IT CAN.
Photo: Today's lunch ... tofu, avocado, black olive salad in ONE BOWL, of course!

No comments: