Friday, April 25, 2008

Can't Work ... Too Busy Eating


This week went by amazingly fast. Except for the difficulties of yesterday morning ... which were something like ...
I just wanted to EAT. Pretty much anything would have been allright.
I just wanted FOOD.
When it comes at you like this.
Hard. Strong. Fast.
An instantaneous onslaught of HUNGER
I have learned this is not
Physical Appetite.
No that is EMOTIONAL HUNGER.
Curiously, it was not immediately apparent, the cause. I had to think on it.
For a few minutes.
And then I realized that PROJECT.
That has been on the back burner, the one that has waited
Until all other things got done.
Well, yesterday was the day, to face it.
Apparently I would have much preferred to eat.
Just about anything.
But then I thought of my Habitcal. Hahahaha.
No. Then I realized I was not going to eat.
Pretty much no matter what.
Once I made THAT decision, the only thing left was to
overcome inertia and get on with it.

Which I did.
And by 4:00 in the afternoon I was no longer STARVING.
EMOTIONALLY HUNGRY.
That EMOTIONAL HUNGER it's just so convincing.
I think adhering QUITE RIGIDLY to the precepts of No S is the only way for someone like me to ... you know ... get through it.
And on the other side it feels really nice, clean, even honorable.
Why? Because I DID get to mark my square green on Habitcal and I DID have a tremendous breakthrough on my project ...
which I definitely would not COULD NOT have had if I had slacked off into one of those ...
Can't work ... too busy eating!
photo: homemade pea, cauliflour, tofu curry with cilantro and brown rice

No comments: