Monday, April 7, 2008

Day Fifteen

Well now even my husband is amazed. I think he was shocked when he got home and I had had a great N day... for he has seen me many times extend weekend treats well beyond Monday ... even into ... yes the next year!

But not this N day ... oh no. This N day I jumped right back into habit.

I was grumpy. It is true. It was Monday.
I had too many things I had to do that I did not want to do.
It is true.
But that's no excuse for a chai tea latte ... for me an S day treat.
Not today sweetie.

Reinhard sez our hunger is an animal. I am certain that mine is a toddler.
A really sweet cute charming toddler with a cherubic smile and big blue eyes.

She is hard to say no to.
She will not relent until she gets a very firm and very definite ... no.

No S gives me the confidence and strength to tell her no.
That gives me the ability to refocus ... and watch ...
as discipline with my food and eating spreads like watercolor on wet paper
out into all the other areas of my life ...
and just as noiselessly...

It is now monday evening and I have finished dinner and eating for the day.
I get to put a nice big green square on my habitcal and that puts a nice
big smile on my inner toddler's face.

Life is good on No S.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Just found the s diet today and joined the bulletin board forum and found your blog.

I'm encouraged to try this way of eating, but I see no mention on your 14th or 15th day of weight loss. Have you weighed yourself since you started? Just wondering. Good luck with your efforts!

Becky from Ohio

Blueskighs said...

Becky,
please check back ... I will be recording those weight results every 30 days. In about two more weeks.

Since we are focussing on building habits and the weight loss is said to be slower but sustainable I am go to be recording that info every thirty days instead of every week.

That being said my clothes are already fitting better,

Blueskighs

Anonymous said...

Blue, I would also encourage you to post measurements every 30 days (or at least keep track of them for yourself). This way, if you go 30 days at a weight plateau, you should still see some sort of progress in the measurement field.

I loved your enthusiasm on Reinhard's boards so I thought I'd check out your blog. :)

Julie Lee said...

Congratulations on day 15. I'm on day two and while things are not perfect (it takes me about three days to follow all the rules on any program) I'm really happy and satisfied. I think that this is a diet that not even my husband can sabotage!!

Keep up the good work. You are doing well!!!

Blueskighs said...

anonymous, thank you for stopping by ... I will have to think about the measurements ... I know I should but for whatever reason I just don't ... I guess I am feeling a little bit enthusiastic about it all :)


julie,
I know what you mean ... my husband can sabotage my diet even without trying ... and I think you are right for the most part this is fairly husband proof ... maybe family and friendproof too! I don't know.

Thank you for your encouragement and support. I am kind of a little in shock myself.

Sounds like you are doing good too. it is really nice to have this internet support. I love it.

Blueskighs