Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day Fourteen

Last June I beleive it was I ran into the concept of Calorie Restriction.

I made a several month - about three to five months - attempt to Calorie Restrict. I was pretty horrified once I started doing this to find out that I was binging regularly ... and frequently

at least once or twice every single week.

Althout I am not sleek and slim, I have not been particularly overweight.... within a healthy BMI for past 17 years ... I was shocked.

Having been an oveweight adolescent and young adult, I thought I was doing better.

Unfortuntely, counting calories and attempting to squeeze the maximum nutrition from everything and anything that passed between my lips did nothing to help, alleviate the psychology, shame or HABIT of not being able to control what I ate ... day to day ... week to week ... month to month

I have also tried many times for the past twenty-years to JUST STOP eating sugar ...
for religious reasons, for spiritual reasons, for health reasons, for sanity reasons ...
the longest stretch I could go was six months

Then two weeks ago monday, I stumbled across the NO S diet book at Barnes and Noble ... since that moment I have not binged .... not even once ...
I have also not SWORN OFF SUGAR ... one more time ....
I have saved it for S days ...

This No S Diet it is a very good thing.

No comments: