Monday, June 2, 2008

Still Yakking About Mondays


It was Monday. Certainly not the worst Monday I have had on No S. But I did have to ease up on my expectations for myself to get through the day without going NUTS!
I had quite a bit to do and yesterday's eating left my tummy not feeling too good this morning.
But I it has defintely turned out to be a good day and a success.
It is weird how the rhythm that NO S creates with food and eating spills over into your life. Well, at least spills over into mine.
Before No S I was like on accelerate to high or hitting the brick wall. Somehow with NO S it has become simpler, easier, more natural? more apparent that I need to? modulate my activities and appointments so that they are more manageable.
It's this rhythm it creates.
Like today, Monday, my least favorite day of the week. I would experience severe spillage if I had indulged over the weekend before No S. Why? Well, who really wants to deal with Monday morning every Monday morning?
Sometimes would just rather not leave that relaxed weekend groove. But No S doesn't let me fool myself. NOW if I want to use food to stay in the weekend groove it is VERY APPARENT.
So I don't. And that puts me in a whole other space.
A good one.
Photo: Pear and Gorgonzola Salad from Z Pizza www.zpizza.com

No comments: