Sunday, June 8, 2008

Lovely Italian Dinner

One of the wonderful things about S days is being able to go out with my husband on Saturday night and have a lovely multi-course italian dinner at Il Fornaio http://www.ilfornaio.com/!

First course for me was the Minestra alla Siciliana Swiss chard and root vegetable soup. Yum!

First course for him was Pumaroru cu Piacintinu Ennese Heirloom tomatoes, Piacintinu cheese, onions, caperberries, olives and Sicilian extra-virgin olive oil. I myself cannot speak directly to the deliciousness of this dish, but my husband raved about it.


Next up for me was the Risotto cu Formaggi di Piecura Caranoli rice with asparagus, artichokes, fava beans, peas and pecorino cheese. This was good. But the BEST risotto I ever had was the risotto we had the last night we were in Rome, in a little restaurant on the outskirts of the city. Unfortunatley, since it was so good, ANY risotto I have had since then has not quite measured up. Oh. Well. It seems that risotto really is an art! I ate about half of it. It was VERY rich!

My husband's second course was Barilotti au Fornu Barrel Shaped pasta with fried eggplant and tomato-basil sauce, baked with scamorza and caciocavallo cheese. He also liked this dish very much.


For DOLCI my husband enjoyed the Cosi Duci. Cannoli and profiteroles with chocolate-hazelnut gelato. Sorry did not get a picture and I had a couple of pieces of Godiva chocolate and three squares of my bittersweet almond bar from Trader Joes. VERY RICH INDEED!



I just love S days!
CIAO!
Photos: Italian dinner, see blog for details

No comments: