Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Absolutely Ingenious

I was looking at my Habitcal the other day and I realized, this will be the longest period I have gone without any NWS days.

That is Non Weekend S days in No S Diet speak.

I began the NO S diet midafternoon on a Monday - March 24. I counted that as NWS day. That was my one for March. Then I had one in April for a "luncheon" I had planned pre-No S.
I had two for May, one for my wedding anniversary and the second one for Memorial Day.

But none for June. Not one.

When I first started No S I did not want to do S days. I was really skeptical that they might actually help me stay on the diet in the long run. I have found out since then, that Reinhard was right about this. The criticalness of S days on the No S Diet.

Then there were NWS days. And I thought. I don't want those. But then I tried one and I liked it. Now in the middle of my longest stretch of no NWS days, I am understanding that Reinhard is right about them too. You should take them. I can see now how S days and NWS days REALLY DO make the NO S Diet absolutely SUSTAINABLE for the long haul.

Ingenious.
The No S Diet is absolutely ingenious!

Photo: Ingredients for my homemade Curry Dal ... Brown Lentils, Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Garlic, Serrano Chili (not pictured Ginger) and Unfiltered Olive Oil

5 comments:

a. said...

Great blog, blueskighs!

I'm so glad for this entry - it's coming at a perfect time for me...

JC said...

Ally, I find your blog very interesting. Did you start this eating plan to lose weight or just to be healthier? If it was to lose weight, how much have you lost? Sorry I know that is a personal question. I'm just wondering about a plan that allows that much time (all weekend) to eat sweets. Guess I'm going to have to get the book to understand. I read a lot of your postings and really enjoyed them. I am a major binge eater and just can't seem to get a handle on it. I do for a while and have lost 60 lbs but I need to lose 100 more. I know your eye may be poping out of your head by now but I'm just being honest.

Blueskighs said...

ally,

thank you for stopping by. If my blog is in anyway inspiring you or supporting you I am thrilled.

jc

I started the No S Diet to get off the restricting/binging/I don't care merry go round I had been on for many many many years.

I have gone from 134.6 to 126.3 in two months. I have a "weigh date" for month three coming up soon.

Although I was not terribly overweight the mental, emotional, physical energy required to sustain my weight through all of my binging was huge.

I love the No S Diet.

It has been the only thing to get me off the binging/restring merry go round, made me feel like a normal person, and healed my relationship with food so that I can enjoy eating again.

The weekend of S days can seem like a lot but if you "are not an idiot" you can really enjoy them.

Blueskighs

JC said...

Thanks for addressing my questions. I'll have to read the book. I went to the website yesterday. I'll try anything to stop the binging.

Blueskighs said...

jc,

not to "beat a dead horse" but this has REALLY helped with my binging. When I was younger I was quite a bit heavier and even though I had been able to keep my weight in "normal range" for last 14-17 years I simply could not stop binging.

Some people have problems with S days so if you listen to the "strict" and "S days podcast" and read the book it should help.

I was convinced I was a "sugar/food addict" but after reading the book I became willing to beleive that I just had REALLY BAD HABITS.

Sometimes it is hard, as developing ANY new habits can be hard, but it is so worth it and I think in the long run, so doable and sustainable.

Sorry to go on an on, but I have lost "so much" of my life to BED binge eating disorder, I feel very passionately about NO S Diet and it's potential to heal at very deep levels,

Have a Great Day,
Blueskighs