Monday, June 16, 2008

Fabulous Monday!


I have to say that I am shocked to report that I had a pretty fabulous Monday. Now that it's all said and done I have to ask myself ... was it my breakfast?
As some of you know I am pretty "up" on www.amys.com. They have frozen, canned and other prepared foods BUT they do not use ingredients that we cannot pronounce, a lot of their ingredients are organic and they have great vegan AND gluten free options.
For about twelve years I have been wondering if wheat and I REALLY get along! A couple of years ago I even went and had several tests done at my doctor's. Nothing showed up in the number's but I notice I do feel better and think better when I reduce/limit my wheat.
For the past, I don't know how many weeks I have been eating a wheat based cereal for breakfast, granted it was sprouted wheat which is supposed to destroy the gluten, which is supposed to be what causes the problem for some people.
I finally got tired of my yogurt, berry, cereal breakfast last week and decided to try something different for breakfast. Several months ago, or maybe it was last year, I don't remember exactly, just that it was a while back, that AMY's dad eats one of her rice bowls for breakfast. I remember thinking ...
Hmmmm... I'll try that someday.
TODAY WAS THAT DAY.
For breakfast I had an Amy's tofu and rice bowl with three plums, fruit season is in HIGH SWING and I found it thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying and then I went on to just kind of float throught the rest of my day.
Was it a coincidence?
Or was it the rice bowl?
I really don't know.
But I am having another one for breakfast tomorrow with a peach.
My new intelligent dietary default breakfast ... Amy's brown rice bowls.
WHO KNEW?
Photo: Amy's Tofu and Brown Rice Bowl www.amys.com and three plums

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been eating non breakfast food for about a year, now.
I like to have bean dishes the most: stews, soups and salads, depending on the weather, it beats eating cereal or yogurt or cottage cheese any day of the week and it's something you can prepare ahead of time, unlike eggs and ham, that kind of stuff.
This is Mavilu, from the NoS forum, by the way, hi!.