Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Steamed Veggies Plate


Today I had a steamed veggie plate for lunch.
It was funny, on Saturday morning at the Farmer's Market I thought, what a great idea! Surrounded by pretty much fresh everything I loaded up on corn, yukon gold potatos, green beans, carrots, squash and red onion.
Then it was Monday and I just thought "What if it's not good?"
"What if it doesn't satisfy me?"
"WHat if ..."
"WHat if ..."
WHat if ..."
I ate something else.
Pretty much the same thing happened on Tuesday.
So today, I was like "Try it, maybe you'll like it"
I shucked the corn and washed and cut up the potato and threw those in one steamer bag and threw it in the microwave for seven minutes.
I peeled the carrots, washed and snapped the green beans, washed the squash and cut up the onions. I had so much I had to use two more steamer bags.

When the potatoes and corn were done I threw them in my large stainless steel all clad bowl. I put the other two bags of veggies in the microwave for I think 8 minutes. When they were done I threw those in the big bowl.
I tossed it all with a few squirts of my EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil Misto, celtic sea salt and freshly ground paper and then dumped it all on my one plate!
I will definitely have this again!
Photo: Steamed corn on the cob, potatos, green beans, carrots, squash and red onion with EVOO

2 comments:

JC said...

OMG, this is the best looking plate of food I have seen. Makes my mouth water. YUMO!!!!

Blueskighs said...

jc,

thank you for the kind comment.
it tasted pretty good too!

Blueskighs