Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Power of Being ON HABIT


No S is about creating habits.
In particular the No S Diet is about creating habits around food that "optimize" our limited will power.
I like that. The acknowledgement that our will power has limits and the idea that we can optimize it.
Since the No S Diet is ALL ABOUT no snacks, no sweets and no seconds except on S days, for me ...
the No S Diet is ALL ABOUT adhering religiously to those three one plate meals each day on N days.
After doing this with consistency and regularity ... unbelieveably,
tomorrow will be my seventh week ....
I have gained quite a bit.
None of it expected,
all of it pretty much effortless.
That is outside of the effort that has been required by me to stick to the simple rule of three one plate meals a day on N Days.
I have gained:
  • slowing down when I eat
  • being aware of my portion sizes without counting calories or anything else
  • enjoying my food
  • reducing my treats on S days
  • did i say ENJOYING my food?
  • being organized in other areas of my life
  • being more socially available for events that involve food and eating
  • no longer being a member of the clean your plate club
I beleive this is the power of being ON HABIT and I think its pretty darn wonderful!
photo: farmer's market fresh veggies, with avocado-spinach dip, and wyldwood savory baked tofu

No comments: