Friday, May 16, 2008

Functioning at a High(er) Level


I feel like because of the No S diet I am functioning at a high(er) level.
What does this mean besides the fact that I am simply being more productive, even-tempered, social and feeling good about myself and my life.
How does this relate to No S?
Well I just have to keep going to the point that intermittent binging is time-consuming, generally interrupting, and shame producing. It might seem obvious that engaging in fairly frequent, once or twice a week, intermittent binging ... would NOT lead to functioning at a high(er) level. In fact it might actually lead one to function at a lower level, no parantheses needed.
Last week I started a new Habitcal for my PROJECT. I was green this week and darn, I just feel good for doing the work this week. I signed up for my personal trainer and showed up for my appointment this afternoon. He ran me through a tough workout. I cuddled with my husband for our friday night at home date night.
Tomorrw I will go to a day conference, attend a birthday and have a special dinner with my husband. Before No S I would be struggling to meet my commitments, ashamed because of weight I had gained, and resenting that I was even invited ... to anything.
It is just so different.
There was also a real shift in my focus on food this week. It was much less. I was so busy focussing on getting my work on my PROJECT done so I could get my green on my Habitcal that food shifted down the ladder.
Then after about ten days of using Habitcal for my PROJECT I noticed I am starting to find my groove. I make the effort to meet my minimal goals and then ... I suppose something else takes over. Suffice it to say the end of this week was much better than the beginning.
I am really excited. THIS IS GREAT!
photo: Amy's Tofu and Brown Rice Bowl www.amys.com with Wyldwood Savory Baked Tofu

No comments: