Sunday, May 18, 2008

Monster Toll House Cookies


Well I am definitely not a "one cookie girl" yet!

Today was Monster Toll House cookie day, so I baked guess what?

Monster Toll House Cookies.

It seems impossible to eat just one when they are fresh out of the oven, warm and the chocolate chips are all gooey!
I don't know if that would even be a goal to try for.

Not to worry ... NOT EVEN THERE YET!
But let me tell you this,

I thouroughly enjoyed them!

Monster Toll House Cookie Recipe
(this is the Original Nestle Toll House Cookie Recipe with minor adustments)

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup Earth Balance, softened (the softened part is important so make sure to take this out of the fridge a little while before you start baking. Also you can use butter here, it is what the unmodified recipe calls for but since I don't really LIKE butter, I use my Earth Balance. It works great!)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large free range (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) egss
2 cups (which is basically one package) Nestles Semi-Sweet Chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped walnuts (don't bother with the pecans and WHO would want to put almonds in chocolate chip cookies!!!!!!! hahahhahhaha I know I know some of you jokesters will want to use macademia nuts or pistachios!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl.
Beat sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating to creamy each time.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in chocolate morsels and nuts

For MONSTER COOKIES mold into three ounce balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.
In our oven I start watching after 20 minutes.


ENJOY!

photo: freshly baked monster toll house cookies

No comments: