Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Day Before Mother's Day


Today was a REALLY nice day.

I woke up and did my yoga and then went to the Farmer's Market. There were strawberries, blueberries, incredible kinds of lettuce and salad greens. The arugula was, dare I say, gorgeous. Ripe avocadoes, which often can't be found. And the lady who sells eggs has four new chicks. The squash blossoms are in season and there were the smallest cutest first of the season patty pan squash. And it's May and the cherries are coming.

When I got home we walked over to our neighborhood donut and coffee shop. I got two donuts. The first was FABULOUS ... the second not so much. If I could only have one treat for the rest of my life it would be CHAI TEA LATTE. Forget chocolate, those things make me swoon!

Most S days I have just one. EXCEPT for last weekend when we were out of town and I threw most of my first one on the floor. Accidentally of course!

Goal: To just eat one donut. I am certain that I am close.

Then it was a lazy afternoon at home with my husband and kitty, off to the gym and then we cooked dinner together. It was DELICIOUS.

Finish it off with a few episodes of Boston Legal and some frozen peanut butter cups.

Right now life is good and I am grateful.

No S works.


photo: Browned Tempeh, squash and squash blossoms sauteed in EVOO, salad with mixed greens, carrot, tomato, black olives and EVOO

No comments: