Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Whole Grains


I wanted to blog about Whole Grains.
My "new breakfast" is a mix of teff, quinoa, buckwheat, barley, and steel cut oats. I have added in yogurt, ground up flax seeds and fruit.
I like it.
It is satisfying.
At www.whfoods.com World's Healthiest Foods they have a list of the world's healthiest foods and details as to different health properties of each. Many of these alterantive grains are quite impressive.
I bought a little automatic rice cooker this weekend and have been finetuning the water levels so the grains are cooked right and the water doesn't boil over.
I think I am going to stick with this breakfast for a little while.
Photo: Teff, Quinoa, Buckwheat, Barley and Steel Cut Oats with Yogurt, Doughnut Peaches, Blueberries and Ground Flax Seeds

No comments: