Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vegan Cheat!

When we went out to eat on Saturday night, our waiter recommended the sole and the bluenose seabass. My husband decided he wanted some. So we went back on Sunday night, it was the last night of the Sardegna regional menu, thus it was the last night for the sole and the sea bass.

I admit, it sounded like something maybe I would like so I started with the Zimino all'Aragosta e Granchio - Crab and Vegetable soup made with fresh Maine lobster stock and my husband had the Insalata de Mare Tiepeda - Warm Seafood salad tossed with fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and pane Carasatu.

Have to admit I only had a few bites of each. BUT I forgot to take pictures. OH WELL.

My main course, pictured above was the Sogliola all Sassarese - Griddled petrale sole with chopped tomato and lemon sauce served with grilled eggplant and yukon gold potatoes.

My husband had the Branzino al Vermentino - Bluenose seabass sauteed with green colossal olives, tomatoes and tarragon on a bed of fregola.

I wish I could say it was great, I loved it.

But the truth was I preferred my vegetarian meal the night before. I always wonder about fish. But the few times I have eaten it the past few years I have just not enjoyed it as much as I thought I would.

OH WELL. Sunday was another good S day, i.e. I was definitely not an idiot!

Photos: Sogliola all Sassarese, Branzino al Vermentino

No comments: