Thursday, July 3, 2008

Veggies and Fruit


A few weeks ago I said that I was going to take advantage of the abundance of fresh veggies and fruit at our local farmer's market. I think this particular one plate meal is pretty much a good example of my doing just that.

I have been really enjoying my steamed veggie plates. I was curious how much EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) I was using with my Misto. I tested it earlier this week and three sprays, which is what I put on my veggie plate, is less than a teaspoon.

Pretty good.

The cherries have been delicious too. They usually run through July 4th, so there is a good chance this is the last week.

But now the peaches, nectarines, and grapes are out. There are still strawberries and blueberries.

I'll probably stick with my steamed veggie plates for awhile. They are fun, satisfying and delicious.

Veggies and fruit add up to beautiful one plate meals.

Photo: Steamed Corn, Potato, Green Beans, Carrots, Squash and Red Onion with EVOO, Celtic Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper and a side bowl of Bing Cherries

2 comments:

JC said...

I love reading about and seeing your food. Very creative. JC

Blueskighs said...

JC,
thank you!
Blueskighs