Monday, July 14, 2008

Cherry Pie

This weekend we made a cherry pie.

It was not as excellent as our blueberry pie, but I felt kind of proud, pitting the cherries and all.

Tonight our vacation and my bunch of NWS days are over.
I was amazed at how sad I felt and there was this idea of eating, that somehow eating more would prolong it.

I sat on the bench outside of Von's and Starbucks and just felt sad. I knew a piece of cake that I didn't even really want and another chai tea latte was not going to make the vacation last longer.

When I realized it wouldn't I just had to feel the sadness that it was coming to an end and tomorrow all will be back to routine and HABIT, I just went home and had some yogurt. My tummy probably feels a lot better tonight because I had that realization and made that choice.

Vacations are nice.
Much needed breaks.

Hopefully this one has rejuventated me and I can get back into the swing of things tomorrow and just look forward to whenever our next one will be.

Bur right now I just feel kind of sad.

Photos: Homemade Cherry Pie, Slice of Cherry Pie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummm Cherries. You did a good job on your pie.

Apricots are coming on now in Colorado.

LindaGay
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Blueskighs said...

LindaGay,

thank you for stopping by! Do you make apricot pie?

Blueskighs