Friday, July 11, 2008

Maximizing the Real Estate on My Plate

Sometimes on the No S Diet bulletin boards we get into discussions on the size of our plates and how we should stack or not stack things and whether or not we should put fruits and/or salads on our plates. These two pictures show how I use my own plates.

For the most part I use the same size large plate. As you can see in the above picture there is a lot of room/empty space on my plate.

I liken this to a "gourmet dining experience". Often you go to a nice restaurant and a small portion of food is "presented" in the midst of rather large plate. Often the empty space is drizzled with a sauce creating both a tasteful and aesthetic experience.

I forgo the sauce drizzling and enjoy the aesthetics - the clean lines - if you will of the open space.


Other times, I completely MAXIMIZE THE REAL ESTATE ON MY PLATE as in the phote above. Not much more room for anything. It mostly depends on what, when, I am eating and how hungry I am.

This is why I love NO S.
I get to eat as much or as little as I need for that particular meal!

Photos: Baked Tofu with Plums and Z Pizza Pear and Gorgonzola Salad www.zpizza.com , Baked Tofu and Cherries

No comments: