Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hiatus


This is the middle of my first week of hiatus from the No S Diet boards.
I am not EXACTLY sure why I feel compelled to take such a hiatus, probably several reasons.
Searching for my own undiluted responses and reactions.
Privacy.
Need for stronger boundaries around my time and how I spend it.
Becoming more self-reliant in my No S habits.
I am sure a bit of all of these things are entwined.
Today is Thursdays and I remain, as I have for past 130 amazing days, staunchly GREEN on my N days.
What has been curious is the increase in "mind chatter" this week. Like because I am not doing my daily "check-in" I can now ditch the whole No S diet scheme.
Apparently not so.
Apparently these No S habits are becoming ingrained deep.
In spite of the intensity of certain moments of said "mind chatter" I find myself automatically reaching for and thinking in terms of my one plate or one bowl meals.
It just seems like what's natural.
WOW!
Photo: Peaches and Plums are in season and what I use to fill any extra space on my plate these days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hellooo...
I too have had to take a hiatus from the No S bulletin board. Previously I have been off the board for a year. I'll come back, I always do but right now I don't feel like it and I am enjoying my time on focusing on other goals I have now. No S does become natural and second nature. Even though I haven't been posting, I think about the posters all the time and hope you are doing well. Keep up the great work and enjoy all of the changes that will progress over time. You really were very inspirational while you were over there and for that, I am sure many are grateful for your fantastic posts.
Love,
3aday