Sunday, July 20, 2008

Definitely Not an Idiot!

Apparently my vacation was very informative!

I took two 3 day weekends in a row with an NWS day in the middle of that. By last Sunday evening I was pretty well stuffed and I don't think I felt hungry again until sometime on Tuesday.

Apparently something registered in the deep inner recesses of my mind, because the last thing I wanted to do this weekend was to revisit that stuffed, bloated, yicky feeling.

For all of you who follow my blog and/or daily check-in thread you know my husband and I go get donuts and tea just about every S day morning.

Last week, after almost four months on NO S I realized I was ready to cut back to just Sundays. I was actually going to start this in August, but apparently I was ready to implement this change this weekend.

So no donuts on Saturday.

Instead I had a machine brewed Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl Iced Tea from the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf www.coffeebean.com BEFORE I went to the Farmer's Market and did all my other errands and THEN when I got home, I walked over to Starbucks to get my chai.

I FELT REALLY INDULGED!

When we got home I tried with putting some protien powder in my Monavie. That was pretty much REALLY GROSS! To say it tasted awful was putting it mildly so I won't be naming any names.

Later in the day when I was REALLY HUNGRY I had some Wild Wood baked tofu and cherries. Yes we still have some leftover!

THen I went out with my husband for a delicious Italian dinner at Il Fornaio. They do these regional menus that we really enjoy. You can check it out at www.ilfornaio.com This month the region was Sardegna.

I started with the Insalata al Balsamico - Organic baby lettuces with balsalmic vinagrette pictured above from their regular menu.


My husband started with the Tamata cun Casu - Sardinian Tomato Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Spring Onions, and Sardinian Pecorino from the regional menu.


Then we both enjoyed the Culingiones - Fresh Ricotta, potato and mint ravioli with tomatoes and Sardinian Pecorino from the regional menu. Unfortunately the picture above does not do it justice.

I so enjoyed my yogurts, honey, fruit and nuts last Sunday evening, I was craving this for my treat. So that is what I had for dessert.
It was wonderful to wake up Sunday morning and be hungry. So I have to say that at least for this Saturday I was definitely NOT and idiot!
Photos: Insalata al Balsimico, Tamatta con Cusu, Culingiones, Yogurt with Honey, Fruit and Walnuts

No comments: