Friday, August 1, 2008

Out of My Food Rut

Today and yesterday I ventured a little bit ouf of my current food rut.

On Wednesday I picked up my usual Z Pizza Arugula salad and found out they had given me the Italian dressing and not the Balsalmic Vinagrette.

UGH! I was not happy.

But perhaps it was a good thing. I went to Jimbo's on Thursday morning and picked up some new vegan/vegetarian entrees. They are from Helen's kitchen. I am getting tired of ANYTHING even mildly processed but they are not bad in a pinch. And hey ! They got me out of my food rut.

Yesteday I had the Mac and Cheese with Asagio Cheese and Broccoli and today I had the Hearty Bean Chili with Vegetable and Tofu Steaks. I ate them with romaine and EVOO salad and mini blue cornmeal spelt muffins.

I have to admit it was a nice change!

Photo: Helen's Kitchen
www.helensfoods.com Hearty Bean Chili wiht Vegetable and Tofu Steaks, Romaine Salad with EVOO and Celtic Sea Salt and Mini Blue Cornmeal Spelt Muffins

No comments: