Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sunday Bar B Q

Sunday we barbecued. I guess that is a pretty official end to my veganism, SOB!
WHAT HAPPENED?
When I first started the NO S Diet we had just been to the Indian Cooking Classes and I was making delicious homemade dal several nights a week. Finally my husband spoke and said this stuff is giving me indigestion.
I was stumped. Years ago I had done the Blood Type Diet and I was pretty sure that lentils were "beneficial" for both of our blood types. The Blood Type Diet is ONE of the "diet" books I have hung onto through the years because I actually liked being on it, but found it too rigid.
ANYWAY, I pulled out the book and wa-lah ... lentils were actually an "avoid" for my poor type O husband. He stopped eating them and started doing research slowly over the months on the blood type diet. As an O he is a "red meat eater" of all things.
It seems that since I had tried the diet, Dr. Adamo had added a variation to the blood type called the secretor status. We decided to do the mail order tests in August.

WALAH! I am a non-secretor! About 20% of the population are non-secretors and all of the information about being a non-secretor fits me to a "T". The bummer was this, being a non-secretor A takes me from being a vegetarian as optimal diet to being a "fish eater" SOB!
Since then I have been making the adjustments and am SO GRATEFUL that JIMBO'S our local health food store is a totally "cruelty-free" animal products. It is tough. My husband thought becoming a meat-eater would make his lunches at work easier. But actually it makes it tougher because so few restaurants serve free-range, organic meats and non-farmed fish products.
Thus, the trip to Jimbo's on Sunday to get some acceptable fish and meats and the Bar B Q.
Damn, that hickory smoked wild salmon was good!
Photo: Hickory smoked wild salmon and steam sauted broccoli with EVOO and red pepper flakes.

2 comments:

JC said...

YUMO. Sounds good and looks good.

Blueskighs said...

jc,

it was really good!

Blueskighs