Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shrink Yourself


Often when the subject of emotional eating comes up on the No S Diet boards I mention the Shrink Yourself program www.shrinkyourself.com
Why?
It works. It can be painful, difficult, frustrating and dig a little bit deeper than you really want or think you need to go, but it works to get to the roots of emotional eating.
Years of conventional types of therapy and overeaters anonymous and intuitive eating, etc., etc. did not reach the roots of my emotional eating but the Shrink Yourself program did.
It was painful, difficult and frustrating, but I do not regret the three months that it took to get through the on-line program which I did between November 2007 and February 2008. In the process I gained ten pounds, but if I had the No S Diet I might not have. It is hard to say.
What I can definitely say for sure is that the work I did with the Shrink Yourself on-line program prior to discovering the No S Diet has been a big part of my SUCCESS on the NO S Diet.
If you find yourself having a problem keeping your N days GREEN, check out the online program and see if it is a "missing ingredient" that might help you make it over the hump.
Compared to traditional therapy it is highly affordable and I loved the self-paced approach.
Although you could just read the book, I am not sure it would be as effective as the on-line program.
Photo: Cover of the Shrink Yourself Book by Robert Gould

2 comments:

Kate said...

http://mys-weetescape.blogspot.com/

Come visit me!

-Katie
=)

Blueskighs said...

Katie,

love your blog! have added it to my blog links!

YAY!

Blue