Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Best S Day Ever

Sunday was my best S day ever. I really enjoyed it. I had a chai tea latte, some yogurt with honey, fruit and walnuts, a little bit of dark chocolate, a salad from Z pizza, baked tofu and a few dried figs.

What was so great about that?

Well, I will tell you.

When the day was over, I felt really good and I thoroughly enjoyed my treats. I have realized I prefer to drink my chai tea latte solo and have gotten tired of eating donuts.

Yes I have gotten tired of eating donuts, which is a very different reason to forego the donuts than because they are fattening, or fried, or junk, or too many calories, or for any other reason I tell myself that I "can't" have them.

THAT IS THE PSYCHOLOGICAL DEBRIS.

I have realized that I have just as many "shoulds" for eating junky food as I have for eating healthy food.

By following NO S diet I am getting more and more in touch with what I want to eat regardless of how healthy or unhealthy it is, no matter how many or how few calories it has.

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important for long term weight maintenance. To really make choices according to your desires. Because lets face it, if you thwart your desires, you either won't keep the weight off or you will become a complete and total pill doing so!

Photo: New Tree Dark Chocolate Bar with Ginger, Tin of Wine Lover's Chocolate

4 comments:

JC said...

YUMMMMM reading what you ate Sunday sounds perfect. What a relevation on the donuts. It is amazing how your desires for certain foods change over time. I haven't had a donut in so long I don't even remember it. Just don't desire them and they were at the top of my list along with cheesecake. I have had that in months.

Glad to know your doing well.

Joelle said...

Hi Blueskighs,
Glad to see you're still blogging and doing well.
Take care,
Joelle

Blueskighs said...

jc,

thank you for stopping by. I KNOW! there are SO MANY things that I have not eaten or craved in years ... for example ... I hate restuarant desserts and I used to love them. What I love about No S is that I am learning I really get tired of ALL KINDS of food, healthy and UNHEALTHY ... much more natural than prohibiting them for external reasons!

Joelle,
it is so good to hear from you! I hope that you are doing well too! Are you still on the boards? I will probably check back in in September, Have a great day!

Blueskighs

Anonymous said...

How well you have expressed the idea of getting in touch with what you want to eat. Getting "tired" of donuts is absolutely different than telling yourself you "can't have" them. I guess that I, too, have a lot of "shoulds" about junky food, but I didn't really grasp that until reading this -- great blog, lots of help to a rookie No S-er like me. Thank you!