Monday, December 8, 2008

And N Days are For Stopping ...


Days like today are days that you gotta' love an N day. After way too many "holiday treats", waking up to the knowledge that fresh wholesome food would be the only thing to pass between my lips today was a great feeling.
It helped me not beat myself up for yesterday's food indiscretions and get on with the business of living.
No more "Can't work, too busy eating" for me. After eight plus months of green N days, I know on many levels that Monday means getting back to work and green N days. When I first started the NO S diet, EVERY Monday was kind of like hell.
Why? I simply wasn't used to stopping.
I beleived that I was powerless over sweets and if anything sugary passed between my lips I would be unable to stop myself from the gorging that would inevitably follow and would it go on ... well for days.
A pretty useful "belief" if you want to be "Can't work, too busy eating."
Or if you just like to indulge in the sugary stuff. Think about it. If I believe one bite and I can't stop ... think of all the times and all the ways I will be able to give myself license to indulge ... and NOT STOP.
The beauty of the NO S Diet is that on N days you stop. YOU JUST STOP. No matter what else you believe you can commit to no snacks, no sweets and no seconds on those N days. And if you are like me, you will learn something AMAZING.
That you have a lot more power over that sweet stuff than you realized. You just needed to apply your willpower to STOPPING not to CONVINCING yourself and other people that you have a problem you don't really have.
Now if you are like me and your inner two year old has been eating nonsensical amounts of the sweet stuff for years, its going to be TOUGH to STOP. But if you make up your mind you can do it, I beleive that you will. Cause after all, that's what N days are for ... stopping ...
Photo: Grilled Wild Mahi-Mahi, organic herb salad with EVOO, steamed broccoli with EVOO, Navel Orange

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised to find out that this Monday morning I was really glad and ready to start the N Days again. I guess I'm making progress.

Enjoy your blog!

Linda
Whisper2701

Blueskighs said...

Linda,

that is wonderful. Sometimes it is difficult to persevere when progress is not obvious, but sometimes progress is like a seed buried deep underground, it takes a little bit of time to break the surface and be seen.

And your encouragement about my blog helps me alot! Thank you so much, and have a great day!

Blueskighs