Monday, March 31, 2008

Day Eight

Well this is my first Monday coming off of an S weekend.

It was simple. It was easy. It was welcome. I am surprised how easy this is. Usually when I indulge and eat sweets the ... desire grows until I am eating sugary things in a torrential flood ... thus my years of struggle to eat NO SUGAR ... at all.

I just couldn't ever do it.

So I also tried ... not many times but several to eat ... you know ... sweets just one day a week. But they were always the last supper. And they just didn't work. I am not sure why two days calms the inner waters so completely.

Anyone out there know? Have any great insights? As to why having two S days rather than one has such a hugely different impact? Of course it is not just that it is the structure in the week that spills over as Reinhard says it does. Your body gets so used to those three meals ... you don't really WANT to snack. It comes to seem extraneous ...

perhaps more like what it really is ... a fill in for living? I don't know. For the first time I sat down and made a list of all the diets/weight loss things I had done.

For grins here is the list:

Seventeen Magazine 1350 calorie a day diet
Water Fast
Doctor's Quick Teenage Diet
Optifast
Herbalife
Overeater's Anonymous
Gray Sheet Overeater's Anonymous
H.O.W. Overeater's Anonymous
Master Cleanse
Zone Diet
The Solution
Schwarzbein Principle
Bikram Yoga
Prism
Raw Foods
Atkins Diet
Five Factor Fitness
Orange Juice Diet

Calorie Restriction
Shrink Yourself
Fat Loss 4 Idiots

Thats over about almost thirty years. WOW.

I really hope this is the end.

Perhaps I should not be so optimistic, it is after all only the eighth day but gee ...
I just have this FEELING ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I did a blog search for this diet and I found yours. I've been on it for about two days. I love the whole concept. I'll be viewing your blog now that I know it's here. I blog for my 12-year-old son. I don't think he's ready for this diet because he needs more structure right now. www.fitmykid.blogspot.com

I thought about making a blog for this diet, but I think right now I'll just go on the site and read your blog. Looks great!

Michele