Friday, March 28, 2008

Fifth Day

At my local Barnes and Noble Bookstore this past Monday, just killing time ... you know doing WHAT ELSE? Browsing through the Diet and Health books ... of which there are just so damn MANY OF THEM! And so many of them are big and thick, bright and colorful ... vivid and cheerful, hopeful ... yet, funny how this slim little white text with a simple white cover and only black and red lettering on the cover ... caught my attention.

I was intrigued. Anyway anyone who would dare to take on the sugar lobby and put NO SWEETS on the cover had my attention.

I am a self-help diet guru ... i.e if there has been a self-help program over the past twenty or so years for mananging or controlling your food intake I was on it. I am NOT the weight watchers type. Not even with points...

ANYWAY ... I picked up a couple of other books, the BIGGEST LOSER secrets and workout plan I believe .... and went and sat down to decide if I would make any purchases for the day.The BIGGEST LOSER books were big fat and shiny with lots of photos of the contestants but as a savvy self-help dieter I had to admit to myself that there was not much new in the tomes.

But then I flipped open this slim little white one. And I couldn't stop reading. I looked at my watch, I had successful killed the extra minutes in my day and had to get a move on.

But before I left the store I had to buy the THE NO S DIET. It was just a page turner!

No comments: